Working in the Alvarez & Marsal (“A&M”) Global Transaction Advisory Group (“TAG”) is both a privilege and an opportunity. You are part of an elite team of professionals and we all want you to grow, develop, be successful, and contribute to the overall success of A&M. My primary leadership goals are to support your career objectives while eliminating both internal and external obstacles, such that you can achieve a greater level of success than you otherwise would on your own.
The following are my thoughts about leadership, the way in which I lead Global TAG, as well as my expectations of our team as a member of this great firm.
A&M Core Values, The A&M Way, and A&M Global TAG Mission Statement
- A&M Core Values: to maintain the firm’s core values of integrity, quality, objectivity, fun, personal reward, and inclusive diversity at all times.
- The A&M Way: to provide leadership, problem-solving, and value creation while always upholding the founder’s mentality – leadership, actions, results.
- A&M Global TAG Mission Statement – to help our clients be successful investors by acting as relationship-driven trusted advisors in everything we do.
Family, Client, Firm, Self
- In order of importance, priority is given to your family, our clients, the firm, and yourself. Sometimes one of these areas will have to take priority over others, but over the long-term, the goal should be to find balance amongst all.
Treat People Fairly and Do the Right Thing
- I believe in treating all people fairly based on their own individual wants and needs. At times, you may need to take a step back, look at the big picture, ask yourself what the right thing to do in a given situation is, and then do it.
Loyalty, Trust, and Respect
- I am fiercely loyal to the people I work with, I trust them and treat them with respect, and I expect the same loyalty in return.
Hard Work and Commitment
- I am deeply committed to our clients, the firm, and our people, and I expect others to share the same commitment. I want everyone to think like they are an owner of this firm and act as such – do what you say you are going to do and own the problem and the solution. You will be held accountable for your actions, as I will be for mine.