Working in the Alvarez & Marsal (“A&M”) Global Transaction Advisory Group (“TAG”) is both a privilege and an opportunity. We are part of an elite team of professionals who should grow, develop, be successful and contribute to the overall success of A&M. I view my primary leadership goals to be supporting my team’s career objectives and eliminating both internal and external obstacles such that each member can achieve a greater level of success than could otherwise be achieved on their own.
The following are my thoughts about leadership and the way in which I lead Global TAG, as well as my expectations of our team as a member of this great firm.
A&M Core Values, The A&M Way and A&M Global TAG Mission Statement
- A&M Core Values – maintain the Firm’s core values of integrity, quality, objectivity, fun and personal reward at all times.
- The A&M Way – provide leadership, problem solving and value creation – always uphold the “Founder’s Mentality”.
- A&M Global TAG Mission Statement – I will work to achieve the following and expect others to do the same –
- Attract, develop and retain the best people.
- Operate with a differentiated business model.
- Team with our clients, partner with each other, compete in the market and execute with excellence.
- Think and act globally.
Family, Client, Firm, Self
- In order of importance, priority is given to your family, our clients, the Firm and yourself. Sometimes one of these areas will have to take priority over others, but over the long term the goal should be to find balance amongst all.
Treat People Fairly and Do The Right Thing
- I believe in treating all people fairly and based on their own individual wants and needs. At times, you may need to take a step back and look at the big picture, ask yourself what the right thing to do is in a given situation, and then do it.
Loyalty, Trust and Respect
- I am fiercely loyal to the people I work with, trust them and treat them with respect. I expect loyalty, to be trusted and treated with respect in return.
Hard Work and Commitment
- I am deeply committed to our clients, the Firm and our people, and I expect others to share in that commitment. I want everyone to think like they are an owner of this firm and act as such. Do what you say you are going to do – own the problem and the solution. You will be held accountable for your actions, as I will be for mine.